Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Giddy with Excitement!

Tomorrow will be my first time traveling out of the United States. I'm really excited to share this opportunity with well experienced travelers (Brooke and Marc).

I am not really sure what to anticipate...I think I packed for every sort of opportunity that may arise. If not, I will learn to adapt and make due with what I have.

While sitting here (while I'm supposed to be studying for my final), I find myself daydreaming of what Bolivia will be like. What I am looking forward to most is being able to grow through this adventure. I hope to put myself out there and try new things (adventurous...we will see). I'm sure Brooke and Marc will be able to get me out of my box.

For the greater amount of our stay, we will be doing research on diabetes at Centro Medico Humberto Parra, a rural Bolivian clinic 72 miles east of Santa Cruz. I hope we are able to contribute to the clinic and the communities it serves by discovering and implementing new and innovate educational ideas to better explain diabetes and what it entails.


Until next time!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment